I had to google that saying. I knew the gist of it…but unfortunately I have a track record of really messing up those “popular” sayings… just ask my husband. ;o]
the son of a shoemaker has no shoes.
or as it was originally worded:
the cobbler’s children go unshod.
In my case, it’s my daughter. + I’m totally not a shoemaker.
but you get the idea.
the alternate title this post would be “supply + demand.”
I promise that this post has nothing to do with breastfeeding. But that is a great lesson on supply + demand, too.
I digress. <– I tend to do that a lot, eh?
I don’t really know much about it – except for the phrase. I don’t claim to know much about economics, but I do know one thing:
I can’t keep up with the demand. The Coconut Robot orders.
+ this problem is a
good amazing problem!!
And you are all to thank.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for each day, getting us closer + closer to our adoption. Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for your encouragement.
don’t worry! I’m not going anywhere!!
this day simply marks the beginning of better + more exciting things for Coconut Robot.
But I need to catch up. I need to do some [edited to add: business housekeeping - although I could always do more of the real stuff, too!] housekeeping, so that this fall + winter can be full of new designs + easier ordering! Coconut Robot will still be my designs. Your product will still be a keepsake. High-end. + custom + unique to you.
What does this mean for you?
1. if you have already emailed me about an order, a potential order, or I’m working on your order: have no fear! Your items will be out the door + in the mail as soon as possible!
2. You can place an order for the next week-ish!! For right now, orders can be places through 11:59pm EST on May 15. Email me to place your order.
3. I will still be blogging! I will be updating y’all on our adoption journey. I will be sharing new [yay!!] designs! I will be working on a smoother ordering system – while still keeping every product custom + one of a kind.
4. Stay tuned for flash sales, giveaways, discount codes + other fun things over the next few months! If you’d like, you can subscribe to receive posts via email. [see below] or via feedburner. or via bloglovin. or just come back often! :o]
5. + so importantly: don’t be a stranger. Promise?
I also wanted to tell everyone about an Ah-mazing new, faith based [you don't even need to be a blogger] conference!! It is happening in Indianapolis, from October 11-13. You’ll be hearing more from me about it [I'm sure :o] in the weeks + months to come! Check it out. + this post about it. This post about it. + this post about it.
+ because posts with photos are oh-so-much-more-fun.
thank you ALL for loving me hard. For believing in me when I doubted … oh, have I + do I doubt. Y’all are Jesus to me as you encourage me when you don’t have to. Love me when I don’t deserve it. + Pick me up when I’m a mess.